Mad Pride: Circus of the Absurd expired Free
Posted by: Circus250
Posted on: Apr. 18, 2018
Category: Other Events
Type: In Person
Mad Pride rolls into town for the 3rd year, this time with a circus theme. Organisers, Liverpool Mental Health Consortium, have teamed up with Freefall Aerial Circus, Bring the Fire Project, The Secret Circus and others to bring you Mad Pride: Circus of the Absurd – a FREEspectacle packed to the rafters with music, burlesque, cabaret and fun.
Mad Pride is a global mass movement, including users of mental health services and their allies, seeking to reclaim terms such as ‘mad’ and ‘nutter’ from misuse. It aims to educate on potential causes of mental distress and the experiences of those who use mental health services; but most of all, it celebrates and stand in solidarity with those who experience some form of mental distress.
Line-up with set times is as follows:
• 3pm - 3.30pm: Liverpool Samba School
• 3.40pm - 4pm: the Strumbrellas
• 4.15pm - 4.40pm: Loose Moose
• 4.50pm - 5.10pm: The Silver Liners
• 5.20pm - 5.40pm: Loose Moose
• 5.50pm - 6pm: Freefall Circus
• 6.10pm - 7pm: A performance smorgasbord curated by the Secret Circus includes music by Bejia Flo, burlesque by Claire De Lunacy, & Ruby Dagger’s side show + many more
• 7.10pm – 7.30pm: LeeboLuby presents Farrucchio Peru Is Extraordinaire (extract)
• 7.40pm – 8.10pm: Mamatung
• 8.20pm – 8.30pm: Jodiema
• 8.45pm – 9.15pm: Chanel & the Circus
There’s a circus-themed fancy-dress competition and organisers are encouraging ring masters, lion tamers and bearded ladies to turn up in their droves!
Hula-hoop and poi-making workshops will spill into the venue’s beautiful outdoor area, Yard, so there will be no stopping you from honing your skills instantly!
The event will culminate in a circus-themed parade, led by Bring the Fire project & featuring drumming from Beat It/Katumba, lanterns, unicycles and all manner of magical creatures.