Circus News

Circus Rio Shut Down After Two Performers Suffer Serious Injuries in Less Than a Week

A circus in Adelaide has been shut down after two performers were injured in separate incidents in less than a week, with one performer breaking his back and another breaking her wrist. Following an investigation, it was announced on Tuesday that the circus had been shut down by SafeWork SA and the City of Holdfast Bay.

Circus Rio — which is currently set up at Glenelg’s Wigley Reserve — has been slapped with several prohibition orders by SafeWork investigators. In the most recent incident, stunt bike rider Bentang Sejarah broke his back in three places and suffered serious facial injuries when he struck a pole while airborne during a show last Saturday.

Circus Rio confirmed the incident in a post on Facebook, and said Sejarah was subcontracted to the circus and had been treated in hospital. “While this accident was very unfortunate, it is assured all safety measures were in place to ensure that our performers are not severely harmed,” the post said…

Read the Full Article at ABC.Net.Au