Circus Voices, a podcast brought to you by CircusTalk, is pleased to present a podcast series called see u down the road with creators and co-producers Book Kennison and Zoë Kennison.
In episode 6, the season finale ofsee u down the road, clown and juggler Adam Kuchler describes some of the transitions he’s seen in his career in show business–and discusses how circus might evolve out of the current shutdown.
- The performer Adam describes as one of the “greatest clowns to have ever lived,” Leonid Yengibarov, was a hugely influential Soviet-born clown and actor whose meteoric rise was cut short by an untimely death at age 37. The coach Adam refers to is Yuri Belov.
- Sears was once the largest retailer in the United States, and was headquartered in the iconic Sears Tower in Chicago. While the company still exists, it has declined from having over 3500 retail stores to under 200 in the last decade.
- Chuck Burnes, the last living Ringling Bros. clown to tour under canvas, died on May 1, 2020.
- Book Kennison and Zoë Kennison, the creators ofsee u down the road, are releasing a compilation of their favorite music from the series as a stand-alone album. They release music under the name Zobot, and the first two singles from the upcoming album can be found now on all major streaming platforms.
- Read the show transcript here.