Thank you for your interest in working at CircusTalk! We are building our team and will use this page to keep you posted about upcoming opportunities at CircusTalk. Meanwhile, if you identify with our mission and would be interested in joining us, please send us an e-mail describing your experience and skills and letting us know how you would like to contribute to creating a united online platform for the international circus community.
CircusTalkNews is seeking story submissions from all corners of the world. If you are interested in writing about a specific topic, profiling an inspiring personality, sharing your opinion on a local controversy, or just submitting articles from time to time, CircusTalk wants to hear from you! You help us deliver great content, and we’ll help you get more exposure and recognition worldwide. Material should be submitted in English, but don't worry about your language accuracy, as we are happy to edit submissions. E-mail us with your story idea.
Your unique perspective can shape our industry. Publish on CircusTalk, and get recognized for what you know! Write about your most memorable experiences, circus trends, challenges in the industry, or topics you're most passionate about. Give advice to others entering the business. Publishing on CircusTalk is a great opportunity to strengthen your professional reputation and get recognized for your knowledge. E-mail our Editor to get started.
Going to any amazing circus festivals in 2018? Circus Talk is looking for circus festival coverage and wants to hear about your plans! We are seeking guest authors to review festival shows, to conduct interviews and to report on festival events for CircusTalk News and our social media outlets. As a representative of Circus Talk, your writing and bio will be linked to your professional profile and we will provide a modest stipend as well as request press passes on your behalf. If you are interested, E-mail our Editor and please let us know what festival you are planning to attend and would like to cover.
The right candidate will have several years of experience working in online sales. We are seeking a candidate with a strategic, innovative and results-oriented approach, as well as someone who is comfortable and competent implementing various innovative forms of digital advertising. We seek someone who can work independently to reach sales goals, and who has excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a positive and social outlook as a team member. Language skills: English and a second language is a plus. French, Spanish and/or Italian are a big benefit as the job has international reach.
The position offered will be remote-based with regular check-ins and online marketing meetings with the CircusTalk team. CircusTalk offers a generous sales-based commission compensation to the qualified candidate.
You may be a good fit for this job if you:
CircusTalk is passionate about the circus community and providing opportunities for growth within it. This position provides an opportunity to join our dedicated team and to contribute to our wider mission to connect and ignite the circus world. Apply via this job post.
CircusTalk is expanding so quickly that we could use your help and you could receive college credit for it!
We are seeking a journalism intern for one to two semesters. CircusTalk is an international company created as a communication tool to provide the circus industry and community with insight on what’s happening in the circus industry worldwide. CircusTalk News features op-ed pieces, interviews, breaking news, industry reports, organization and company features and covers every aspect of circus and variety arts, from social circus, to touring to jobs and show creation. In addition to CircusTalk News, the CircusTalk platform also features user driven listings of jobs, residencies, shows, festivals and beyond. Our goal is to connect the community, to level the playing field, and to help disseminate information about opportunities and to highlight circus trends and events. To learn more, please read about our mission on our About Page.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in English, have background experience in writing and an avid interest in/or experience with circus. This person should enjoy working with a team and be willing to explore all aspects of arts journalism through their work. College students are encouraged to apply through their school programs in order to receive college credit, but the position is also open to any interested and qualified person.
• Submit one article per month covering circus or variety arts. Topics will generally be assigned, but pitching article ideas is welcome
• Translate (via the help of Google translate) breaking news for our Briefs section
• Research topics
• Submit completed work via Google Docs
• Identifying, communicating with and arranging timelines with potential article subjects/authors
• Secure photos and video usage rights and credits for articles
• Send contributor contracts to authors
• Attend and cover local events and interview subjects upon occasion
• Attend 1 hour weekly staff meeting on Wednesdays
Intern Learning Objectives
• The ideal candidate will learn to write compelling online content
• The intern will gain experience in both content and copy editing
• The intern will gain experience in working with a team on group projects as there is a lot of collaboration and cross-communication between the editorial team, the social media team and the production team
• The intern will have the opportunity to participate in company meetings to experience the corporate climate of a start up
• The intern will have opportunities to attend and review local circus shows and events
• While the hours of the position are unpaid (5-10 hours per week) there is an opportunity to create up to 2 original articles a month for CircusTalk, thus building a portfolio of published material. The intern will be paid a stipend for original articles published
• Through working with our team at CircusTalk the intern will get a fuller picture of the circus sector and all of its moving parts
• College credit possible for journalism majors from universities that participate
• Internship allows the intern to experience many aspects of running a small company
• Regular feedback from the team and mentoring from the editor on areas of interest to the intern
• Minimum of one year PRO membership on CircusTalk
• Able to commit 5 to 10 hours a week to intern work-weekly amount to be agreed upon and consistent
• Must have strong interest in circus and some knowledge of circus industry
• Good communicator--excellent verbal and written skills
• Experience writing for blogs or journals in the past preferred
• Experience with WordPress preferred
• Proofreading capabilities
• Ability to produce clean and polished work
• Be a current college student or graduate majoring in journalism, marketing or creative writing, or one year of related experience
• Must be able to meet deadlines
To apply, please email editor Kim Campbell at Kim@circustalk.com with a short letter of introduction, and a resume. Let us know about your experiences with or connection to the circus world if any. Please provide one professional reference and two short writing samples (up to 1000 words each). The samples need not have been previously published.