Raw Energy: Creating Narrative in Circus Masterclass expired Free
Posted by: Roundhouse London
Posted on: Jan. 22, 2019
Type: In Person
Award winning artist and director Firenza Guidi leads a masterclass exploring finding the truth and originality of the circus performer. This masterclass explores the following questions:
- What is narrative in circus?
- How does a circus artist begin to search for narrative?
- What connects presence and narrative in performance?
Over the course of the evening you will explore methods of nurturing the creation of circus work, communicating through interaction with apparatus and develop a wider understanding of what is being communicated to an audience.
Participants will have a chance to:
- Look at circus apparatus with fresh eyes
- Learn to translate technique into narrative
- Understand the mechanisms that connect presence to narrative
- Gain insight into a creative process
Award-winning circus artist Firenza Guidi who has worked around the world creating and directing performances including NoFit State tented shows: Immortal, Tabù, Bianco and Lexicon.
This masterclass is targeted at emerging artists aged 18-25years with a strong grounding in circus and movement skills.
Date: Mar. 05, 2019Online event URL: http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/young-creatives/spring-2019/raw-energy-creative-narrative-in-circus/
Mar. 05, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Timezone: Greenwich Mean Time (Lisbon, London)
Roundhouse, 100A Chalk Farm Road, NW1 8EH
United Kingdom Roundhouse