Welcome to Circus and Changing Realities 2020–A Series of Virtual Dialogues about the Future of Circus. In this episode titled Hablemos de Circo: Sustaining Dialog Towards the Development of Circus in Latin America, we explore the core concepts of what is essential in circus and what changes may occur as a result of the temporary halt of live performing arts due to the coronavirus.
The guest panelists are from diverse backgrounds, regions and roles in the circus world:
- Roy Gomez Cruz – circus researcher and creative producer in Mexico
- Julia Sanchez Aja- circus artist and creative producer in Mexico
- Victor Bobadilla Parra – circus researcher in Chile
- Romina Buscaglia – circus artist and therapist in Chile
- Mateo Castelblanco – performing actor in Colombia
- Rodrigo Mallet – circus researcher in Brazil
- Charlotte Pescayre – circus researcher in Mexico
- Maria-Noel Rosas – circus director and manager in Uruguay
- Marcelo Troncoso – circus researcher in Chile
- Paul Valle – company director and head rigger in Mexico
- Aurora Villarreal-Covarrubias – social circus trainer in Mexico
Thank you to all of the panelists who joined us and please stay tuned for follow-up panel discussions.